About Us Now
Gigs, Kit, Technique
Gigs Oars Skiff Kit
Vocabulary of Gig Rowing
Basics of Technique
The Ideal Crew
Principles of Coxing
CPGA Race Rules
NCI Polruan Station Weather
Charlestown Rowing Club
Gigs Kit Technique
NCI Polruan Station Weather
CRC Online Adult Membership Application Form
Senior Online Membership Application Form 2023
Please tick box if you are an existing club member and renewing membership?
Next of kin:
RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP
Full Adult Rowing (16 & over) - £96 (plus voluntary contribution)
Student: 16 – 21 & in full time education - £60 (plus voluntary contribution)
Social: (non-rowing) - £20 (plus voluntary contribution)
Full Adult Rowing - £96 Annual Subscription or £8.00 Pro Rata * Monthly Sum
Student Member - £60 Annual Subscription or £5.00 Pro Rata * Monthly Sum
Social: (non-rowing) - £20 Annual Subscription
Please tick box if you are applying for EXTENDED 10 YEAR MEMBERSHIP
**NEW EXTENDED 10 YEAR MEMBERSHIP**
**available in 2023 only** Ten-year Full Adult Member - £600 One off payment
(Ex.31/12/2033)Ten-year Non-Rowing Social Member - £132 One off payment
New Member ONLY - Monthly cost x Number of Months left in Membership year e.g., Join in March = 10 x monthly sum; Join in April = 9 x monthly sum etc
Please tick box to agree to and accept the following:
I wish to apply for Membership of Charlestown Rowing Club.
I have read and understood the
CHARLESTOWN ROWING CLUB POLICIES, SAFETY CODES and HANDBOOK and the BRITISH ROWING ‘ROWSAFE’ HEALTH AND SAFETY DIRECTORY
and I agree to abide by the Charlestown Rowing Club and CPGA rules and the BR Row safe rules and participate in all forms of club activities regarding safety, maintenance & fundraising e.g., Century Club, as required.
Note: Club Handbook, Policies and Safety information are available via website: www.charlestownrowingclub.org
Please return relevant membership fee to: The Membership Secretary Charlestown Rowing Club Boat Shed Quay Road Charlestown PL25 3NX (Cheques payable to Charlestown Rowing Club)
Please now read the notes and complete the Declaration below.
NOTES AND DECLARATIONS
- Rowing is strenuous exercise sometimes undertaken in locations remote from immediate health care, and if you have any concerns (and particularly if you have any of the conditions listed below) you
check with your GP before you participate in rowing or start becoming more physically active. Charlestown Rowing Club do not seek to record your personal health data and will rely upon your declaration of fitness to row and participate in other Club activities. Applicants for Membership or renewal of Membership should refer to British Rowing ‘Rowsafe’ (and specifically Section 8, Health) for further information on health and rowing and guidance relating to illness and conditions including, but not limited to, the following;
• Cardiac Disease (including hypertension) • Joint Injury or Illness • Epilepsy • Asthma • Diabetes
2. SWIMMING ABILITY
- British Rowing ‘Rowsafe’ indicates that ideally, everyone taking part in rowing should be able to swim. Persons unable to swim are welcome to row, but must wear a Lifejacket at all times when on the water
3. DATA PROTECTION
- General Data Protection Regulations require Charlestown Rowing Club to seek your consent to keep in contact with you in the future. Charlestown Rowing Club will never sell your personal data or pass it on to other organisations except the Cornish Pilot Gig Association and British Rowing. We promise to keep your data safe and secure. Please “opt in” by ticking the ‘yes’ box below before submitting/returning this form electronically. If you ever wish to change your mind you can update your preferences by contacting the Membership Secretary.
4. PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOS
– Rowing Club activities and race meetings are periodically photographed or videoed and these images may be published on the clubs website, social media or used as a training aid.
- I declare that I am not aware of any physical, mental or behavioural illnesses, injuries or conditions that I have which, when engaged in rowing or other club activities, may affect my personal health, safety or welfare; or the health, safety or welfare of the Coxswains and / or other crew or club members. Please Sign below.
I certify that I am able to: • Swim at least 100 metres in light clothing (your usual rowing kit). • Tread water for at least two minutes. • Swim under water for at least five metres.
I am happy for Charlestown Rowing Club to contact me by email, post and by phone and, in the case of an emergency, use the emergency contact number.
I consent to photographs and video images including me engaged in club rowing or activities or at events to be used for the purposes of promoting the club, events and membership packages or published on the club website or social media or used as a training aid.
Failure to Declare or false declaration will result in exclusion from rowing activities and may result in refusal of Membership / Renewal of Membership
Back to top of page
Charlestown Rowing Club! All rights reserved.